Wednesday 14 March 2007

A sewing machine


Do you have something that owned by you or your family that has been passed down from earlier generations? And this thing has a long story which warmed you deeply. However, you might still smile when every time you saw it. There is a sewing machine with 70s year long, and my mother loves it very much.

According to my mother, this sewing machine was part of the dowry that my great grand-parents gave to my grandmother. Although the family was poor, you could always see my grandmother’s smile on her face. She enjoyed using this machine to darn the clothes and to make some clothes to her children. Her optimistic attitude made their life happier.

As my mother got married and this sewing machine would become the dowry passed down to her. Now, my grandmother had passed away for a long time and the sewing machine cannot work anymore. But we believe that we would keep it as a treasure from generation to generation in memery of my grandmother.

4 comments:

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

Your essay is clear to the topic. There is a the tense mistake in this sentence. "Now, my grandmother had passed away for a long time and the sewing machine cannot work anymore."

Wanda said...

This assignment is clear. And I can understand what the story talk.
But there are some mistakes.

"She enjoyed using this machine to darn the clothes and to make some clothes to her children."--> make some clothes "for" her children

Little said...

Your topic is very clear, and the organization is appropriate. Sentence structure is generally correct. I am of the opinion that the sentences “you might still smile when every time you saw it” could be” you might still smile when every time you see it” and “And this thing may be with a long story which warmed you deeply” could be “And this thing may be with a long story which warms you deeply.”